B. Information on data protection
1) Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the person responsible
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our Etsy website (hereinafter “website”) and thank you for your interest. Below we will inform you about how your personal data is handled when you use our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The person responsible for data processing within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Mehimede Hempel-Tchonda, TogoColor, Lindenweg 47, 30966 Hemmingen, Germany, Tel.: 017663460922, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The person responsible for the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who, alone or jointly with others, decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
2) Contact us
When you contact us (e.g. via contact form or email), personal data is collected, which you can see in the contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for contacting you and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR. Your data will be deleted after your request has been finally processed; this is the case if it can be seen from the circumstances that the matter in question has been finally clarified and provided that there are no legal retention obligations to the contrary.
3) Data processing for order processing
To the extent necessary for contract processing for delivery and payment purposes, the personal data we collect will be passed on to the commissioned transport company and the commissioned credit institution in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
If we owe you updates for goods with digital elements or for digital products on the basis of a corresponding contract, we will process the contact details you provided when ordering (name, address, email address) in order to provide you with our legal information obligations in accordance with Art. 6 Para 1 lit. Your contact details will be used strictly for the purpose of communicating updates owed by us and will only be processed by us for this purpose to the extent that this is necessary for the respective information.
To process your order, we also work with the following service provider(s), who support us in whole or in part in the implementation of concluded contracts. Certain personal data will be transmitted to these service providers in accordance with the following information.
4) Rights of the person concerned
4.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of information and rights of intervention) vis-à-vis the person responsible regarding the processing of your personal data, about which we will inform you below:
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have the right to information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned Storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it was not collected from you by us, that Existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing affecting you, as well as your right to be informed about what guarantees exist in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR when your data is forwarded to third countries;
- Right to rectification in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to immediate correction of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to deletion in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 Paragraph 1 GDPR are met. However, this right does not apply in particular if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data you dispute is checked, if you refuse to delete your data due to unlawful data processing and instead Request restriction of the processing of your data if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have lodged an objection for reasons relating to your particular situation as long as it is not yet clear whether our legitimate interests are reasons predominate;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right to rectification, deletion or restriction of processing against the person responsible, the person responsible is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed this rectification or deletion of the data or Restriction of processing unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another person responsible, to the extent that this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent given in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned immediately unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out based on the consent before its revocation;
- Right to complain in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR: If you are of the opinion that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the GDPR, you have the right - without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy - to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
4.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AS PART OF A BALANCE OF INTERESTS BASED ON OUR OVERWHELMING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU USE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE AFFECTED DATA. HOWEVER, FURTHER PROCESSING IS RESERVED IF WE CAN PROVE COMPLEX REASONS FOR THE PROCESSING THAT ARE worthy of protection, which OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES THE ASSERTMENT, EXERCISE OR DEFENSE OF LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY US FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH ADVERTISING. YOU MAY EXERCISE YOUR OPT-OUT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU USE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE AFFECTED DATA FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
5) Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of storage of personal data is determined based on the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and - if relevant - additionally based on the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax law retention periods).
When processing personal data on the basis of express consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter a of the GDPR, this data will be stored until the person concerned revokes their consent.
If there are statutory retention periods for data that are processed within the framework of legal or transaction-like obligations on the basis of Article 6 Para. 1 lit and/or we have no legitimate interest in further storage.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR, this data will be stored until the data subject exercises his or her right to object in accordance with Art. 21 Para provide evidence for the processing that outweighs the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct advertising on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f of the GDPR, this data will be stored until the person concerned exercises their right to object in accordance with Article 21 Paragraph 2 of the GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this declaration about specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
The Etsy platform is responsible for all further data processing that goes beyond the data processing described above. Further information about Etsy's data protection can be found in Etsy's data protection information: etsy.com/de/legal/privacy/?ref=ftr